Georgiana and Dawne’s new book is on Amazon or at the publisher – Hawthorn Press Fairytales, Families and Forests
This superb resource and inspiration will empower parents, teachers and storytellers. Renata Allen, The Story Museum, Oxford
Fairytales, Families and Forests opens the gates of wonder in ways that everyone can understand and share across the generations. Donald Smith, Director, Scottish International Storytelling Festival
What a magical and enriching book, filled with wisdom, knowledge and love. Danyah Miller, storyteller
This book is:
- Jam-packed with stunning stories, singing games and rhymes of nature for ages 0–7 years
- A perfect resource for parents, pre-school, nursery, special needs, forest school andkindergarten educators
- Confidence building, helping you to create your own stories and find the stories you need to solve problems
- Brimming with ideas for celebrating birthdays and the seasons
- Exploring language development and comprehension using our story tree
- Full of stories of kinship to wolf cub, bee, bat, sun and moon
- Tales to reclaim our forests and nurture our nature
‘You will discover that you are a storyteller. As you tell your fairytale, your children will open their eyes wide and stare at you in wonder. But they won’t see you. They will look through you to a world of magic and mountains connecting them with nature.’
From the great storytelling publisher, Hawthorn press. The Natural Storyteller won 1st prize on the Purple Dragonfly children’s book awards as best green book and one of 5 gold medals from Moonbeam Spirit Awards 2018.
Forty-eight stories of brave sparrows, wilds winds, and how to live in times of climate change. A prize-winning book by the natural storyteller Georgiana Keable, sharing long experience with children in the forests and snows of Norway.
Meet the girl who became a fish, married a bear, and had a tree as her mum and dad. Meet the boy who tried to stop the wind, fetched fire from the center of the earth on the back of a bird, and whose father was the river. Meet mountains that have fallen in love and the fun of sharing tales together.
The book is now also available as an audiobook on audiobook apps like Spotify, Storytel and Audible
From all over the world, find riddles, myths, and games for adults and children to learn the art of storytelling. Narrated by Georgiana and her three daughters Heid, Ellen, and Mari, with a visionary afterword from the famed teller Hugh Lupton.